Usage and Care
We are so sorry to hear that you're having troubles blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Don't worry, we are here to help and would love to provide you with some suggestions that will help your extensions blend seamlessly with your hair.
Firstly, you need to understand why your hair extensions aren't blending well. There are multiple reasons as to why this may be occurring because everyone has a different hair type and cut. Not every customer can simply clip the extensions in and be ready to go, some of us have to put in a little extra effort. To give you an example, if you have a lot of layers, it is likely that you will have to also layer your extensions to get a seamless blend.
Here are some of our tips and tricks on blending extensions into different hair types!
Tips for Short Hair
If you have short hair it will take a little extra work when it comes to blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Here are our biggest tips!
- Select the right set! If your hair is super short you will need to use the Deluxe 220gram set. This is to ensure that you have enough wefts to hide the transition between your natural hair and the extensions.
- Trim or Layer your extensions! We recommend getting your hair extensions blended in by a trained professional. This can also help you learn exactly where to place each weft.
- Curl your hair extensions! Styling your hair extensions is the easiest way to help blend your hair with the extensions. By curling your extensions you can create a seamless blend.
Tips for Thick Hair
Are you having trouble blending in your extensions because your hair is too thick? We are super jealous of that this is your problem. Our Deluxe 220gram set is perfect for thick hair. Here are some of our top tips for blending our extensions into thick hair.
- Clip the wefts higher on your head. By clipping the wefts in higher on your head or spreading them apart more it can help create a seamless blend.
- Wash your extensions. Washing your hair extensions can actually make them appear thicker, as they expand a little after washing.
- Braid the bottom section of your hair. Section off the bottom of your hair from ear to ear, then braid and secure it against your head with bobby pins. Go ahead and apply your extensions like normal. This will help blend the extensions with your natural hair and you won't see those cheeky bottom laters of hair showing underneath the extensions.
- Style your hair! Curling your extensions after you've applied them can help create a seamless blend. Ensure you take a piece of your natural hair and piece of the extensions in each curl for the best result.
Tips for Thin Hair
If you have thin hair you will find that your biggest problem is usually trying to hide the clips. Our 120gram classic set is most suited to thin haired beauties.
- Tease your hair for grip. By making a solid base for the wefts by teasing your hair you will allow the clips to have something to hold onto.
- Identify how high you can place your clips. For thin hair you usually don't want to place the clips any higher than the top of your ears, this will ensure that none of the wefts are visible.
- Find the right position for your wefts. Whilst we recommend a certain placement of wefts, everyone has a different sized and shaped head so it isn't always consistent. Play around with the placement of your wefts until you figure out the positioning that works best for you.
- Be selective with your wefts. If you have thin hair you won't always need to use all of the clips. If you're struggling to find space to clip in a weft, chances are you just don't need it.
- Tease the crown of your head. Once you have applied your extensions and have your gorgeous new locks you might notice that the bottom of your hair feels a lot thicker than the top. If you tease the crown of your head it will add a little more volume to match in with the rest of your hair.
Clipping in your Minque Hair extensions is super quick and easy, and will take you from short to long hair in under 15 minutes! With a little bit of practice you can apply your Minque Clip Ins in 5 minutes.
Simply follow these steps to apply your Clip In Hair Extensions:
1. Firstly, prepare your natural hair for application. If you want a seamless result, blow-drying and straightening the ends of your hair will give your hair more volume and make the ends of your natural hair less obvious.
2. Starting at the nape of your neck section off the top of your hair. After brushing the hair, apply your first piece, starting with the middle clip and working outwards.
3. Continue this throughout your hair with each piece being placed approximately 1 inch above the other.
4. Continue doing this until you are satisfied and brush and style your Minque as desired.
Alternatively, you can check out the video below for a tutorial on how to apply your Minque Hair Extensions.
Firstly, prepare your natural hair for application. If you want a seamless result blow-drying and straightening the ends of your hair will give your hair more volume and make the ends of your natural hair less obvious.
Secure the top section of your hair up into a bun, starting approximately 1-2 inches in front of your hairline. Place the halo hair extension wire around the bun so it sits comfortably above your ears. Then let your hair down and style as desired.
If you are unsure how to adjust your Minque Hair Extensions Halo watch the tutorial below to learn!
Tried our halos? We'd love to see your new look! Tag us on Instagram @minquehairextensions for the chance to be featured!
We have designed our clip-on ponytail extensions to be super quick and easy to apply. Start by securing your hair into a ponytail, making sure it is at your desired height, then clip on your ponytail and wrap to secure. It is that simple!
Check out our tutorial on How To Apply your Minque clip-on ponytail below!
Our quickest hair extensions to apply are our Clip On Ponytails, as they can be applied in minutes! Check out this video on How To Apply your Minque Ponytail.
Our Halo Hair Extensions are super quick and easy to apply and can also be applied in minutes. Check out this tutorial on How To Apply Halo Hair Extensions.
Our Clip In extensions take slightly longer to apply but can still be applied in between 5 and 15 minutes. Remember, like everything it will become easier and quicker with a little practice! Check out the tutorial below on How To Apply Clip In Hair Extensions.
Our other more permanent extensions can be applied in an hour or two at a hair salon. If you are based in Australia we can organise one of our stockists to apply them for you.
Since we use Remy Human Hair you can straighten, curl and blow-dry your Minque extensions as if they were your own. We recommend using a heat protector when styling your Hair Extensions, as you should be with your own hair too.
We also recommend that when you are heat styling your extensions you use a low heat setting, as their is less risk of damaging the hair. This will allow your hair extensions to last longer, as unlike your natural hair, hair extensions are not getting constant nutrition from your scalp and therefore can handle less heat.
If you are worried that your hair won't match any of the shades we offer, don't worry! We use Remy Human Hair for all of our Hair Extensions which means you can dye and tone your Minque extensions darker as this will not damage the hair.
If you want to do this we recommend getting a qualified professional to dye your extensions, and testing one weft prior to dying/toning an entire set. While you can dye your hair extensions darker we do not recommend bleaching or lightening your hair extensions. So, if you are in-between shades we recommend choosing the lighter option and have them dyed darker by a professional.
The reason that we do not recommend bleaching your Hair Extensions is because they have already been dyed during our manufacturing process and you don't want to put extra stress on the hair. Please also keep in mind then when you are dying your Hair Extensions, they have already been coloured, so the colour may come out different than expected. Any bleaching is done at your discretion and we cannot be held accountable for any mistakes made during this process.
Check out the gorgeous Shani Grimmond and Lily Brown who both wear custom coloured Minque Hair Extensions!
If you are wanting your Minque Hair Extensions custom coloured to your hair shade we recommend out Stockist Kiki Hair Extensions salons located in Australia, Brisbane and Melbourne. To book an appointment with one of there salons please visit: www.kikihairextensions.com.au.
Clip In hair extensions do not need to be washed as often as other hair extensions, as they do not receive oils from our scalp like our natural hair. We recommend washing your hair extensions every 15-20 wears or when you notice a build-up of product. The less you wash your hair extensions the longer they will last.
When you are washing your hair extensions you treat them similarly to your own hair, using a shampoo first followed by conditioner and a hydrating mask. When you are washing your hair extensions never use circular motions as it may tangle the hair and always rinse thoroughly to remove excess product.
If you are wearing more permanent hair extensions, like Tape, it is recommended that you wash your hair extensions 2-3 times per week with our Hydrate range, in addition to using a weekly mask. For more information on maintaining your Minque Hair extensions please visit our Maintenance Page.
Alternatively, you can watch our tutorial that will guide you through washing your removable hair extensions.
How well you take care of your Minque Hair extensions will determine their lifespan. Typically they should last between 6 months or up to a year or longer, depending on what products you use on them, and how often they are worn.
We recommend using our Hydrate range, in addition to using a weekly mask so that your hair extensions last as long as possible!
Yes! You can wear your hair up or down, exercise, and do most other things you would normally do without damaging the hair extensions. When applied correctly you can also style your weft, tape and micro bead hair extensions into a pony without any of the extension application showing!
Alternatively, we also offer our range of luxury Clip On Ponytail extensions available in 22" and 26" lengths, specially designed for quick and easy application.
Check out some of our gorgeous #MINQUEBABES wearing their clip in ponytail hair extensions!
Shani Grimmond wears her deluxe 26" pony in the shade Caramel Swirl
Allie Auton wears her deluxe 26" ponytail in shade Platinum Blonde
Rhiannon Darney wears deluxe 26" ponytail in Vanilla Blonde
Holly Bell wears 22" ponytail in shade Caramel Swirl
Absolutely, you can use most products on your hair extensions. We recommend using products that are high in moisture and avoid using products that have a high protein content. We have formulated products specifically for hair extensions including a Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Leave-in Moisturiser to ensure your hair extensions last as long as possible.
For less permanent hair extensions options remember you do not need to wash them as frequently. Try to minimize washing to once a fortnight or in the case of excess product build up from hairspray or leave in moisturizer. We also recommend washing your clip ins, halo or pony in warm water with a few drops of shampoo diluted in the water; this is plenty of product to keep your extensions clean and fresh. This will also help to increase the longevity of your remy hair extensions, remember remy hair does not produce the same oils as our natural hair so washing after ever wear isn't necessary.
To shop our range of hair extensions proof hair care click on the Accessories tab.
Trimming or cutting your hair extensions is a great idea as it will allow you to transform your extensions into exactly what you want and need. You can organise to have your hair extensions cut to suit your desired length or so they can be easily blended into your hairstyle to create a more natural look.
Questions answered by specific topic.
- What type of hair do you use?
- What variety of hair extensions do you stock?
- What is Remy hair and what is the difference between this and synthetic hair?
- How do I choose the right colour of hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer?
- My extensions don't blend with my hair. How can I blend them in?
- How often do I need to have my tape extensions moved up and how do I remove them?
- How do I apply tape and weft extensions?
- How do I apply clip in extensions?
- How do I apply halo extensions?
- What is your return/exchange policy?
- Why can’t Minque Hair extensions be exchanged after being opened?
- The colour I received is not suitable for my hair colour. What do I do?
- When will I receive my exchange?
- What is the return/exchange period?