CHECK OUT OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW!
OR EMAIL US AT INFO@MINQUEHAIR.COM
All of our hair extensions are 100% Remy Human Hair, of the highest quality. This allows them to be treated like your natural hair and it gives them a much longer life span. Remy Human Hair blends seamlessly with your natural hair and remains soft, silky and healthy when cared for correctly.
By using remy hair extensions you can be assured that your hair extensions will feel and look like your natural hair, but can also be washed without changing the quality and styled with heat tools.
All of our hair extensions are 100% Remy Human Hair, of the highest quality. This allows them to be treated like your natural hair and it gives them a much longer life span than alternatives. Remy Human Hair blends seamlessly with your natural hair and remains soft, silky and healthy when cared for correctly.
The difference between Remy and synthetic hair extensions refers to how they are manufactured and characteristics of the hair. Remy Human Hair is the preferred option on the market, as the cuticles are not stripped and are uni-laterial, meaning the hair follicles are in a single direction. This allows a natural appearance and keeps the extensions soft and shiny throughout their lifetime.
Minque Hair extensions come in over 40 colours and blends including Balayage Hair Extensions, Ombre Hair Extensions, Two-tone, Highlight and Lowlight Hair Extensions, Pop and Pastel Colours. Our qualified stylists also specialise in colour matching if you have a very unique colour that requires your hair or the hair extensions to be dyed.
If you are still having trouble choosing the best shade for you, email us at email@example.com with a few of your favourite selfies and we'd love to help you find your perfect shade!
Check out our colour range video for help!
If you are wanting something shorter, we recommend getting them trimmed by a professional and suggest having this done while they are clipped in for the best results.
Please keep in mind that hair extensions can appear differently on every person as we all have different sized torsos. If you are unsure of what length to purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be more than happy to make a recommendation.
No, we have designed many of our hair extensions to ensure they are adaptable and multi-tonal. This means that there are subtle highlights and lowlights throughout each set that are fully suitable for balayage and foiled hair.
Minque Hair extensions come in over 40 colours and blends including Balayage Hair Extensions, Ombre Hair Extensions, Two-tone, Highlight and Lowlight Hair Extensions, Pop and Pastel Colours. If you have a very unique colour that requires your hair or the hair extensions to be dyed, our qualified stylists also specialise in colour matching.
If you are having trouble choosing the right shade, email us at email@example.com a recent selfie, similar to the one below!
Here at Minque we use the highest quality Remy Human Hair, but as with any other brand of hair extensions, due to the manufacturing process when you receive your hair extensions they may shed initially.
A very small amount of hair will continue to fall out throughout the lifespan of your hair extensions. You can reduce the amount of shedding by keeping your hair extensions in a good condition and brushing them very gently before and after each use.
If you find that your extensions continue to shed an abnormal amount after a few weeks, please contact us.
Whilst we hope that this doesn’t occur, if a clip comes loose or falls off your extensions it can be re-attached easily with a needle, thread and scissors. You will need to stitch through the holes in the clips and knot your thread to secure them in place. The more times you repeat this step in each hole, the more secure the clip will be.
Alternatively, if you lose a clip we can provide you with a replacement clip that can be sewn on. If this occurs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a photograph of the weft and one of our team members will organise a replacement.
You can also check out our step by step tutorial on How to Sew Clips on your Hair Extensions below.
Not sure if your hair is long enough to have hair extensions?
If you are having more permanent extensions applied in the salon the shortest your hair should be for a natural result using is approximately 3 inches long. If you are interested in using Clip In extensions we would suggest your hair be slightly longer, so it is easier for you to style. If you are unsure whether your hair is long enough. Please email us at email@example.com with a photo of your hair and we can assess it for you.
Check out this transformation by one of our amazing stockists. Full head of Tapes were applied to her short hair to give super natural looking locks!
We are so sorry to hear that you're having troubles blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Don't worry, we are here to help and would love to provide you with some suggestions that will help your extensions blend seamlessly with your hair.
Firstly, you need to understand why your hair extensions aren't blending well. There are multiple reasons as to why this may be occurring because everyone has a different hair type and cut. Not every customer can simply clip the extensions in and be ready to go, some of us have to put in a little extra effort. To give you an example, if you have a lot of layers, it is likely that you will have to also layer your extensions to get a seamless blend.
Here are some of our tips and tricks on blending extensions into different hair types!
Tips for Short Hair
If you have short hair it will take a little extra work when it comes to blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Here are our biggest tips!
- Select the right set! If your hair is super short you will need to use the Deluxe 220gram set. This is to ensure that you have enough wefts to hide the transition between your natural hair and the extensions.
- Trim or Layer your extensions! We recommend getting your hair extensions blended in by a trained professional. This can also help you learn exactly where to place each weft.
- Curl your hair extensions! Styling your hair extensions is the easiest way to help blend your hair with the extensions. By curling your extensions you can create a seamless blend.
Tips for Thick Hair
Are you having trouble blending in your extensions because your hair is too thick? We are super jealous of that this is your problem. Our Deluxe 220gram set is perfect for thick hair. Here are some of our top tips for blending our extensions into thick hair.
- Clip the wefts higher on your head. By clipping the wefts in higher on your head or spreading them apart more it can help create a seamless blend.
- Wash your extensions. Washing your hair extensions can actually make them appear thicker, as they expand a little after washing.
- Braid the bottom section of your hair. Section off the bottom of your hair from ear to ear, then braid and secure it against your head with bobby pins. Go ahead and apply your extensions like normal. This will help blend the extensions with your natural hair and you won't see those cheeky bottom laters of hair showing underneath the extensions.
- Style your hair! Curling your extensions after you've applied them can help create a seamless blend. Ensure you take a piece of your natural hair and piece of the extensions in each curl for the best result.
Tips for Thin Hair
If you have thin hair you will find that your biggest problem is usually trying to hide the clips. Our 120gram classic set is most suited to thin haired beauties.
- Tease your hair for grip. By making a solid base for the wefts by teasing your hair you will allow the clips to have something to hold onto.
- Identify how high you can place your clips. For thin hair you usually don't want to place the clips any higher than the top of your ears, this will ensure that none of the wefts are visible.
- Find the right position for your wefts. Whilst we recommend a certain placement of wefts, everyone has a different sized and shaped head so it isn't always consistent. Play around with the placement of your wefts until you figure out the positioning that works best for you.
- Be selective with your wefts. If you have thin hair you won't always need to use all of the clips. If you're struggling to find space to clip in a weft, chances are you just don't need it.
- Tease the crown of your head. Once you have applied your extensions and have your gorgeous new locks you might notice that the bottom of your hair feels a lot thicker than the top. If you tease the crown of your head it will add a little more volume to match in with the rest of your hair.
Clipping in your Minque Hair extensions is super quick and easy, and will take you from short to long hair in under 15 minutes! With a little bit of practice you can apply your Minque Clip Ins in 5 minutes.
Simply follow these steps to apply your Clip In Hair Extensions:
1. Firstly, prepare your natural hair for application. If you want a seamless result, blow-drying and straightening the ends of your hair will give your hair more volume and make the ends of your natural hair less obvious.
2. Starting at the nape of your neck section off the top of your hair. After brushing the hair, apply your first piece, starting with the middle clip and working outwards.
3. Continue this throughout your hair with each piece being placed approximately 1 inch above the other.
4. Continue doing this until you are satisfied and brush and style your Minque as desired.
Alternatively, you can check out the video below for a tutorial on how to apply your Minque Hair Extensions.
Firstly, prepare your natural hair for application. If you want a seamless result blow-drying and straightening the ends of your hair will give your hair more volume and make the ends of your natural hair less obvious.
Secure the top section of your hair up into a bun, starting approximately 1-2 inches in front of your hairline. Place the halo hair extension wire around the bun so it sits comfortably above your ears. Then let your hair down and style as desired.
If you are unsure how to adjust your Minque Hair Extensions Halo watch the tutorial below to learn!
We have designed our clip-on ponytail extensions to be super quick and easy to apply. Start by securing your hair into a ponytail, making sure it is at your desired height, then clip on your ponytail and wrap to secure. It is that simple!
Check out our tutorial on How To Apply your Minque clip-on ponytail below!
Our quickest hair extensions to apply are our Clip On Ponytails, as they can be applied in minutes! Check out this video on How To Apply your Minque Ponytail.
Our Halo Hair Extensions are super quick and easy to apply and can also be applied in minutes. Check out this tutorial on How To Apply Halo Hair Extensions.
Our Clip In extensions take slightly longer to apply but can still be applied in between 5 and 15 minutes. Remember, like everything it will become easier and quicker with a little practice! Check out the tutorial below on How To Apply Clip In Hair Extensions.
Our other more permanent extensions can be applied in an hour or two at a hair salon. If you are based in Australia we can organise one of our stockists to apply them for you.
Since we use Remy Human Hair you can straighten, curl and blow-dry your Minque extensions as if they were your own. We recommend using a heat protector when styling your Hair Extensions, as you should be with your own hair too.
We also recommend that when you are heat styling your extensions you use a low heat setting, as their is less risk of damaging the hair. This will allow your hair extensions to last longer, as unlike your natural hair, hair extensions are not getting constant nutrition from your scalp and therefore can handle less heat.
If you are worried that your hair won't match any of the shades we offer, don't worry! We use Remy Human Hair for all of our Hair Extensions which means you can dye and tone your Minque extensions darker as this will not damage the hair.
If you want to do this we recommend getting a qualified professional to dye your extensions, and testing one weft prior to dying/toning an entire set. While you can dye your hair extensions darker we do not recommend bleaching or lightening your hair extensions. So, if you are in-between shades we recommend choosing the lighter option and have them dyed darker by a professional.
The reason that we do not recommend bleaching your Hair Extensions is because they have already been dyed during our manufacturing process and you don't want to put extra stress on the hair. Please also keep in mind then when you are dying your Hair Extensions, they have already been coloured, so the colour may come out different than expected. Any bleaching is done at your discretion and we cannot be held accountable for any mistakes made during this process.
Check out the gorgeous Shani Grimmond and Lily Brown who both wear custom coloured Minque Hair Extensions!
Clip In hair extensions do not need to be washed as often as other hair extensions, as they do not receive oils from our scalp like our natural hair. We recommend washing your hair extensions every 15-20 wears or when you notice a build-up of product. The less you wash your hair extensions the longer they will last.
When you are washing your hair extensions you treat them similarly to your own hair, using a shampoo first followed by conditioner and a hydrating mask. When you are washing your hair extensions never use circular motions as it may tangle the hair and always rinse thoroughly to remove excess product.
If you are wearing more permanent hair extensions, like Tape, it is recommended that you wash your hair extensions 2-3 times per week with our Hydrate range, in addition to using a weekly mask. For more information on maintaining your Minque Hair extensions please visit our Maintenance Page.
Alternatively, you can watch our tutorial that will guide you through washing your removable hair extensions.
How well you take care of your Minque Hair extensions will determine their lifespan. Typically they should last between 6 months or up to a year or longer, depending on what products you use on them, and how often they are worn.
We recommend using our Hydrate range, in addition to using a weekly mask so that your hair extensions last as long as possible!
Yes! You can wear your hair up or down, exercise, and do most other things you would normally do without damaging the hair extensions. When applied correctly you can also style your weft, tape and micro bead hair extensions into a pony without any of the extension application showing!
Alternatively, we also offer our range of luxury Clip On Ponytail extensions available in 22" and 26" lengths, specially designed for quick and easy application.
Check out some of our gorgeous #MINQUEBABES wearing their clip in ponytail hair extensions!
Shani Grimmond wears her deluxe 26" pony in the shade Caramel Swirl
Allie Auton wears her deluxe 26" ponytail in shade Platinum Blonde
Rhiannon Darney wears deluxe 26" ponytail in Vanilla Blonde
Holly Bell wears 22" ponytail in shade Caramel Swirl
Absolutely, you can use most products on your hair extensions. We recommend using products that are high in moisture and avoid using products that have a high protein content. We have formulated products specifically for hair extensions including a Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Leave-in Moisturiser to ensure your hair extensions last as long as possible. For clip in, halo and pony tail extensions ensure you are only washing hair extensions when necessary such as product build up, to increase the longevity of your extensions.
These can be found under our Accessories tab.
Trimming or cutting your hair extensions is a great idea as it will allow you to transform your extensions into exactly what you want and need. You can organise to have your hair extensions cut to suit your desired length or so they can be easily blended into your hairstyle to create a more natural look.
We are happy to accept your exchange, as we know selecting the perfect colour can be hard. For all exchanges, the Minque Hair warranty seal must still be intact; and the Hair Extensions must not have been worn, removed from packaging or altered in any way.
All exchanges must be accompanied by the returns form in order for the team to process your request. Returns and/ or refunds are not accepted on extensions, unless in the case of a faulty product. Returns or refunds will not be accepted for change of mind or incorrect shade.
Human hair extensions are classified as a hygienic product by law. We understand the importance of hygiene and public safety and do not allow exchanges on opened hair products for this reason. To ensure you absolutely love your hair extensions upon arrival email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd love to colour match you!
We are happy to offer you an exchange, as we know selecting the perfect colour can be hard. For all exchanges, the Minque Hair Warranty Seal must still be intact; and the Hair Extensions must not have been worn, removed from packaging or altered in any way.
All exchanges must be accompanied by the returns form in order for the team to process your request.
We currently offer free standard shipping on Australian orders for Minque extensions and haircare, which takes approximately 4-5 business days to arrive depending on your location. We also offer Express post for $10, which can be selected at the checkout and will take 1-2 business days to arrive.
We also offer free international shipping:
- United States – 4 to 6 business days
- United Kingdom – 6 to 8 business days
- Other Countries – 4 to 8 business days
Yes, we currently offer free international shipping on all Minque hair extensions Depending on where you are located in the world will determine how long your order will take to arrive. The following can be used as a guide:
- United States – 4 to 6 business days approximately
- United Kingdom – 6 to 8 business days approximately
- Other Countries – 4 to 8 business days approximately
When we dispatch your hair extensions or hair care order we provide tracking information, if this information identifies that your item has been delivered but you have not received your order, please contact the couriers and they will investigate on your behalf.
You can contact Australia Post below.
Please note that we cannot be held accountable for lost packages where the tracking information states the package has been delivered to your address.
We understand the need for great hair so we offer three different payment plans for your convenience so you can have hair now and pay later! We offer payment plans through Afterpay, Zippay and Sezzle. Get ready to slay!
Have a question? email us at: email@example.com
Questions answered by specific topic.
- What type of hair do you use?
- What variety of hair extensions do you stock?
- What is Remy hair and what is the difference between this and synthetic hair?
- How do I choose the right colour of hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer?
- My extensions don't blend with my hair. How can I blend them in?
- How often do I need to have my tape extensions moved up and how do I remove them?
- How do I apply tape and weft extensions?
- How do I apply clip in extensions?
- How do I apply halo extensions?
- What is your return/exchange policy?
- Why can’t Minque Hair extensions be exchanged after being opened?
- The colour I received is not suitable for my hair colour. What do I do?
- When will I receive my exchange?
- What is the return/exchange period?